.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

billy, don't be a Hero

I love many things Chinese: noodles and dumplings, the huge variety of faces, night markets, green vegetables that have no English names, and of course the Qin dynasty. Hero is a film about the dynasty that united China. It's a story worth telling and retelling because if its impact on Asia and, really, the entire world. What's amazing about the film, though, is its beauty. The costumes, the sets, the setting, all rich with color and texture. I'd love to describe my favorite scene, but my words wouldn't do it justice. I'll merely leave you with a strong recommendation to see it on the big screen.

Noteworthy: getting to see what an ancient Chinese library looked like; the fact that in very windy conditions, no one's hair is ever in his or her face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home