.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, September 27, 2004

rum sodomy and the lash

aka, this weekend.

My friends had a pirate party this weekend and it was a tragi-comedy of minor proportions. I had to leave early because pina coladas and my stomach had declared war and the earring from my Pirate No. 5 from the chorus of Pirates of Penzance costume was squeezing the heck out of my ear AND the smell of banana rum should be banned from the face of the earth. However, I heard that after I left, the drunken gay neighbor became the weeping drunken gay neighbor. This is the same fellow who pounds on the ceiling at the slightest bit of noise and was only invited so he wouldn't rat my friends out to their landlord (again).

After I left, I went over to my friend's house and watched part of the Shane McGowan story (If I Should Fall From Grace). It got me to thinking about why brilliance has to come with disintegration via pills, booze and in Shane's case, a shocking lack of oral hygiene.

Saturday night and Sunday night I saw Gris Gris. The singer is the guy from the Mirrors, very brilliant and cute and didn't mind us buying cds from him in the middle of their set because we Had To Leave and then coming back about 3 minutes later to see the end of the show. His parents were there on Sunday (well, I guess the keyboard player is his brother, so the parents of half the band were there) and the mom was suggesting songs and generally helping out and being cute rocker mom. After that I went home and didn't go to the Cramps and slept for about a million hours and had a bad dream about some guy breaking into my house and kept waking up only to discover I was still asleep and finding weird things in my bed, like my dead cat and an old bic pen.

All in all, I was kinda glad to get to normal work this morning.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, sometime we'll have to get together and I'll tell you The Whole Story. At first I felt really bad for the guy, but now I'm just sort of pissed that the ONE time we FINALLY have a convergence of perfect party conditions (clean apartment, a surplus of liquor, I get my shit together to send out an evite) a Drunk From Hell would show. Typical selfish me.

::sigh::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home