.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, September 20, 2004

take some prozac first

This weekend I watched the United States of Leland. It would make a good double feature with Donnie Darko. It touches on many of the same themes: teenage boy, isolation, (un)preventable violent acts, mental illness, the dark night of the soul. It also has a bunch of good actors, including Jena Malone and Don Cheadle.

I thought it was a good film and I enjoyed it but at the same time I was completely depressed when it ended.

In other news, I talked to my old beau this weekend. Somehow, after not talking for almost 8 months, we're able to pick up our friendship (we were pals for several years before we started fooling around) where we left off. That was my weekend miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home