.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, September 13, 2004

drinking and terror make for good weekend

Friends: Cheers for the Beers (and fears) this weekend!
I successfully completed the first step of my quest to become a born again alcoholic, or at the very least build up my tolerance so that drinking two beers doesn't make me woozy and bleary. I couldn't do it without your support.

As for the fears part, once I got into bed last night, I realized that most of the scariest parts of Ju-On occurred when people were in bed. The only way I could get disturbing images of creepy little boys and soul sucking Japanese style ghosts out of my head was to think about cake. You'd think that since most of the scary scary parts were the same, and by that I mean that the same sort of thing happened to the individuals who got, you know, caught up in the Ju-On, that I would have gotten less frightened as the movie went on. However, I got more and more scared instead. By the end I was crouched down in my seat and my pal had smeared her glasses several times with movie popcorn butter. The creepiest thing happened after the movie was over. We were the last people in the theatre and I pointed to one seat where there was an almost full drink sitting in the cup holder. The man had left about half an hour into the film and never come back. I became convinced that the evil spirits had gotten him in the bathroom. I guess we'll never know.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what else was really creepy about that movie? What they saw through the security camera. Yikes.

-Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home