.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

trigger happy

I've been listening to a lot of old Old 97s lately. They were one of the bands I felt like I'd discovered on my own back in Athens. Hardly anyone had heard of them there. By the time I moved to Seattle, their album Too Far to Care was out and being played nonstop by my pal "J. in the morning" on the hip local radio station. A few months later I went to see them with my friend W., determined to kidnap them and/or move to Texas to be closer to them. During the show this skank kept turning around and generally being obnoxious. W. had abandoned me to stand in the back and the girls next to me finally got so pissed they started throwing ice at the skank. We had a good laugh since she couldn't figure out what was hitting her or where it was coming from. W. and I got too drunk to carry out our kidnapping plans and ended up stumbling over to the Lava Lounge and drinking a lot more with our friend and stalker M. I have a lot of stories about that girl...but I'll leave my favorite for another day.

Anyway, that's what was on my mind when I drove to work after starting the process of signing away my life to debt.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on signing your life away. I want to hear the stalker stories.

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home