.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, January 24, 2005

snot head

I got sick last week and I'm currently in the midst of that 7-10 day cold window. This morning's excitement included a series of sneezes (still not past that apparently) and a reeeeeallly sore throat. Also, despite going to bed at 9, I was sound asleep when my alarm went off at 6 and again at 6:30.

On the upside, I watched Garden State again. I got to see all of the deleted scenes, bloopers, etc. because this time I wasn't interrupted by my ex's phone constantly ringing or by him getting on the phone as soon as the credits rolled. That movie is really good and a credit not only to Zach Braff but to his editors. Seriously, if you're thinking about turning a screen play into a film, I recommend watching the deleted scenes with and without the commentary. It's a real eye-opener.

I also plowed through Anil's Ghost, one of Michael Odantaaje's books. I was completely relieved on Saturday to discover that unread bit of fiction hiding amongst the letters of various poets and books on forensic entomology. Usually all I have is whatever I'm currently reading (but I'd just finished that) and all of my tried and true, read a million times books, and some non-fiction that I'm trying to read. This is truly a lesson to me--keep some novels around for sickness and other emergencies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home