.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

kitty wompus

Last night was historic date number 2 for me and the new guy. [Since I usually refer to people by their first initials and he and my last bf share the same first initial, I'm still using that phrase to refer to him. Get over it.]

We went to see the movie Sideways, which a ton of people had recommended. I enjoyed it a lot, but it was also a bit stingy (sting-y) for me. The about-to-get-married guy reminded me a lot of some people I've known, stuck in bad patterns, hurting people and using them for his own gratification. And of course I'm the Paul Giamatti character, the lovable loser who is self-depracating to the point of annoying everyone who comes near, obsessively checking messages and failing to achieve my life's dreams. The scene with the ex wife was so devastating that if I hadn't been on a date and had been in a different hormonal state I probably would've bawled. One of those movie critic guys was saying that the women characters made this movie outstanding, but I'd disagree. PG made that movie good, where most actors would have made it amusing but forgettable.

After the movie I was sitting outside drinking a decaf mocha with the new guy and I realized that more than Dean Cain, he looks like one of my old professors. This prof was interviewing, giving his talk, and I walked in late. I was immediately smitten and spent a good 10 minutes checking for left-hand glint and the rest of the time damning myself for being too late. The things about him that I found physically attractive are kind of strange--he had formerly had bad skin, his front teeth stuck out just a little bit and he had a tiny lisp. The new guy is very similar, although his front teeth overlap just a wee bit. I am attracted to the weirdest things.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: new guy, so he doesn't look like Dean Cain? I don't know why I'm so focused on the Dean Cain thing. Well, yes I do.

Lisa

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

He does a little bit but he's not so plastic-looking. I don't know--he just came into the library a few minutes ago so maybe some other person can comment who's not biased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home