.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, March 24, 2005

driving h-town

Yesterday after work we decided to go to the infamous Galleria (the gigantic mall in H-town for those who haven't had the pleasure, ahem) to see our friend's sculpture. Having never actually visited the mall itself, I was following my friend. This part of town is very trafficky in general, and especially so during rush hour. We went past where my friend had said we were going, turned around a few times and finally ended up in the parking garage. By that time we had to rush in, look at the sculpture, and rush out again to get to yet another friend's to pick up some furniture.

This friend lives in a high-rise apartment that has plenty of visitor parking but apparently you're supposed to leave your keys with the parking attendants (said friend loves valet parking-now I know why he moved where he did). I didn't know that, so I ended up getting chased around by the parking guys while my friends were loading the furniture.

Oh my gosh. I got home and called a new pal and she tried to get me to go out with her but at that point I was seriously in my underwear and prepared to not leave my couch for 3 hours (the Pianist--more on that later). Driving around town can sure take it out of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home