.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, December 05, 2005

nordic

One of my friends is living with me right now. We have very different internal temperature settings and our external temperature preferences reflect that. I tend to keep the house cool in the winter, partially because I'm a skinflint, but mostly because I hate the feeling of hot dry air blowing on me. I can practically feel my skin cracking and my clothes crackling (static electricity, you know). She prefers it much warmer, even during the night. I like to pile on the blankies and snuggle. We've gotten to the point where the set temp is cool enough for me to have some blankets on and for her to not freeze to death, but for a few days there I felt like my grandparents. One of my funniest memories of them is of one turning the heat up, then, a few minutes later when the heat had kicked on and warmed the place up, the other turning the heat down, etc. ad infinitum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home