.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, December 12, 2005

not dead, just deadly

I'm back in the office for real, after many days of being out on sick leave and working overnight. During my absence from the virtu-world, I got two cavities filled (ouch!), had dinner at La Fendee, which was marvelous, worked overnight (more on that in a moment), slept until 2pm, executed an outreach that nearly avoided disaster, ran home with a migraine, attended my friends' art installation opening and spent much of yesterday trying to relax and let the muscle relaxer fix my neck.

The overnight shift started off swell: we all rode our wheeled chairs down the handicap ramp (my idea and yes, as much fun as you'd think) and checked students' ids as the campus cops arrested and cuffed the dude who'd been harassing women. The remainder of the evening was as expected. We listened to music and played 90s trivial pursuit. My brain was so fluff that it took me about 5 minutes to remember the name of Woolworth's.

The art installation, Dolls, by Stephanie St. Sanchez and friends (mainly Jeanie Low and the GE) is still up at the M2 Gallery (325 W. 19th in the Heights) until December 23rd, so go by and get your fill of disturbing and funny images. Yes, the leg belongs to me, as well as the hands.

Okay, off to plow through half a week's email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home