.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, January 23, 2006

what would you do for a klondike bar?

I've been working on a short story for a while now. It was my goal to finish it this weekend, in solidarity with the GE who was editing like crazy. I worked a lot on it yesterday and it's twice as long, but it is not yet finished. Not only that, but after I write the ending I need to go back and flesh out a few things, develop some of the minor characters a bit more, perhaps introduce more anecdotes about the main character's work. Today it's back to real work. Most of my colleagues are away at a conference and I am happily here, not at said conference, but stewing in my own juices as usual. Right now, I am getting skill saw noises from above, as they are still (STILL!) working on the department right over my office.

Yes, it's Monday and proud of it.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, Klondike! It depends; but only if it's an original one.

Ain't doin' jack for one with nuts or heaven forbid a low fat one. Yuck!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

How about a tofutti cutie? I ate 9 of them in about 4 days last week...of course they are much smaller than klondike bars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home