.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

just a passing band-related thought

One of my friends was describing a band from Atlanta. She said they were like a jam band that played...gosh, I'm forgetting, but I think it was country music. Anyway, the point is that she said they were all really good musicians who played together in a very polished way. Her comments reminded me of a lot of the bands I liked in Athens, and how rare it is to find that sort of professional band here--people who obviously play together a lot, no one is carrying anyone else. Some of my friends were such good musicians that they would all switch off playing the drums/guitar/bass. They could all sing. In fact, I'm just now realizing that this also describes one of my favorite local-ish bands, the Gourds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home