.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

daze in a haze

There is something weird that happens to my brain after a night of almost no sleep. I can walk around and do things, but I find myself nodding off or staring into the distance. Because of the lack of sleep I took the day off and spent it trying to nap (with little success), reading and watching tv. Late in the afternoon I decided to tackle the long grass behind the garden. It was really long, like a foot long, so I put the mower on the highest setting and started plowing through it. After 45 minutes or so I had it slightly tamed. I put the mower away, took a shower and then a storm rolled though, pelting the ground with heavy rain. I don't know if it was the post-mowing exhaustion, the shower, the storm or some combination, but I pretty much slept from 6pm to 6am. Today I am bright and shiny again.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So aren't you going to give your loyal readers some hint as to why you pulled an all-nighter??

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

I think it would be better left to the imagination. However, I will say that the insomnia has continued and I may be forced to medicate with a fermented beverage this evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home