.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, December 08, 2006

friday morning comin' down

Well, it's Friday. I'm sitting at my friend's house, petting a borrowed kitten and listening to Townes Van Zandt. There is nothing like time and distance to add a twinge of bitterness to things.

Today is not a day to dwell, though, but to begin to figure out The Future. My interview went as well as I could have hoped. If it turns out that they liked me I will have to return to interview with the college administration, something I did not discover until I was on my way to the airport. My sis and her gf have already decided where I should live and who I should date if I move.

Here I am in the other town, though, the one where a second job interview might be happening soon. It has the obvious draw of being where my best li-berry school friend lives. It also happens to be a town where I immediately felt comfortable on my first visit. So it looks more and more likely that I will abandon my beloved H-town, in pursuit of filthy lucre or a more supportive administration or a future that makes more sense to me. I never planned to stay there for more than a few years and now it's been 4 1/2. There are times when I wish for a seer to tell me my path, but then I stop to listen and discover that I am my own seer.

6 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger John Pluecker said...

um can you tell us where this mystery city is??? inquiring minds want to know. that would be a huge change, no? see u at yr party!

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>My sis and her gf have already decided where I should live and who I should date if I move.<<
Hey! You were the one who told us to line up some eligible bachelors! No doubt there are several cool neighborhoods in the area -- we won't take all the fun out of exploring a new community for you (promise!). Just think how lucky you are to have yet another big sister...--The gf

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Adela c/s said...

Well... what can I say but, your beloved Houston will miss you terribly.
A supportive administration? Do those really exist anywhere???

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

JP--it's Grand Rapids, Michigan.
GF--I did ask you for help with both an apartment and a boyfriend, no doubt!

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[snark] Hey, isn't Townes Van Zandt really arty for you guys? I woulda thought it'd have been Journey weekend! [/snark] Inquiring minds want to know: which Townes album?

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Not sure what the name of it is, but a live in houston one. And by the way, we are not into one band only!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home