.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, February 08, 2007

feeling pretty lucky, overall

I had a very typical-of-H-town thing happen last night and it made me shake my head (at myself, mainly) and also laugh because my friend helped me out with her quick thinking. I accidentally pulled into the wrong parking lot, which was not connected to the right parking lot. I was already running late so I took a look around for the usual "do not park here b!tches!" sign, didn't see one, and ran over to meet my friend for dinner. We walked outside with full bellies about an hour later, just in time to see a tow truck driving away with my car. She told me to jump in her car and we sped away after the truck, managing to catch them just before they got onto the freeway. I had to wrestle some cash out of the mini-mart atm but it was about half the amount I would have had to pay at the sad car jail. I was so relieved that I didn't have to spend the rest of the evening dealing with finding my car that I was joking with the tow truck drivers. Seriously, though, if you ever want to start or invest in a side business, towing's got to be pretty lucrative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home