.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, May 03, 2007

911 calls, sirens and emergency rooms, oh my!

The PIG had a crazy bad allergic reaction to ant bites tonight that required some medical attention. I know I am a morbid and strange person, but I had to stop myself from actively enjoying being in the ambulance. At that point I was fairly sure he was going to be fine, but I still felt guilty. I am the luckiest person--I was able to call friends to help me figure out what to do (before it was clear I needed to call 911), to take care of the dogs and to pick us up from the hospital and to watch over the PIG while I ran home to pet and feed Miss Kittypants.

I am realizing that I need to take a first aid course again. It's been 14 years since my last training and I don't remember a dang thing, nor do I have the right emergency medicine at hand.

I can hear him snoring in the next room. I never thought I'd be grateful to hear that sound, but I am tonight.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the PIG feels the same... grateful to you!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger jillbertini said...

Glad to hear that everyone is okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home