.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

robots and parties

So the PIG and I went to see Transformers on Saturday. So loud, so shiny, so fun. The plot was a bit weak, but it was outstanding compared to the cartoon version (please don't kill me for saying that, Transformers geeks!). Fans of Josh Duhamel will have lots to drool over, fans of John Turturro will have lots to laugh at, fans of cgi, well, that's the whole movie, so they'll be happy. Fans of folio should have watched Sunday Morning on cbs this weekend because they did a whole segment on Transformers sound, from dialog to effects to score. I had my usual complaint, that the fight scenes were too long and too loud.

Sunday the PIG accompanied me to a party of folks who make up the volunteer spine of the school I'll soon be working at. Administrators were also in attendance. We spent time in the pool and I took it upon myself to sample every dessert (and there were several, including the caramel apple crisp that I made). They were all good but I didn't have seconds of anything except for the strawberries and whipped cream. The PIG was very tolerant of the crazies that I call my friends and colleagues (actually he likes my current colleague and her husband very much. i can only hope the same will be true for my new colleagues) and I count myself lucky that I haven't had to hang with his co-workers yet. Not that I'm dreading it or anything...

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just you wait - it won't only be the PIG's co-workers but also the PIG's e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d family! The horror!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

As long as I can call everyone "uncle" and "auntie" I'll be okay. Otherwise I'm screwed. I can't even say your name correctly...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home