.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, July 05, 2007

did you know "gospel" means good news?

I'm leaving soonish (August 1) to begin work at the Monarch School. They're offering me a challenge and a good deal as a teacher in their Life Academy. It will be a big change, going from higher ed to just plain ed (some may consider it special ed, but that's not really important to me), going from a completely flexible schedule to a very set day, going from seeing students once or twice to seeing the same kids each day of the school year, but I see the benefits as far outweighing the discomfort I might feel during the transition.

I hope I'm right.

I plan to keep posting here, as this has never been a "li-berry" blog but a space for me to sometimes talk about li-berrian stuff. For the sake of the kids' privacy I won't be able to tell you much about my new job but I'm sure there will be some amusing anecdotes that I can slip by my internal censor.

On the whole, people have been very excited for me and only one let me see how dismayed he was that I am leaving. That actually made me feel good, because we've worked together on a lot of projects and I know he'll miss me as a colleague. I hope y'all will be happy for me too.

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and best wishes in your new adventure!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jenica said...

Hooray for new adventures! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home