.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Saturday, April 26, 2008

reminiscences and whatnot

Everyone around here is feeling a bit down today. There has been much discussion of french fries, milkshakes and mashed potatoes (our comfort foods).

No real possibilities on the job front yet. I am trying to narrow down what my interests are so that I don't go crazy looking all over the place. I am fairly certain I do not want to go back to librarianology!

The club I sponsor took a trip to the SPCA on Thursday. Much fun! We saw many animules and even the guys filming Animal Cops Houston. I thought it would be sad, but it really was not and I decided I could see myself working there...if they ever all me back.

Mi madre called the other night to tell me that my remaining grandparent is failing. I saw her when I visited Michigan last month and I'd thought she did not look well. She seemed healthy enough, though. My mom seemed more upset that my uncle had been mean to her and told her she Had To Go Visit Now. I suggested ways she could get there without driving herself but she merely gave me the martyred sigh and said she supposed she'd go tomorrow (yesterday) as she had to go out to the grocery store anyway.

When I was home I drove around a bit to see some old haunts, but I didn't feel like going in anywhere. I have fond memories mostly and I guess I didn't want to spoil those memories, or even the bad ones, by entering them. I also don't really want to run into people I knew back then. I look exactly the same so it would be hard to escape if spotted by, say, someone I knew in high school.

Speaking of high school, tonight we're due at the prom. Because of my school's ban on tattoos, I have to wear a top and a skirt. I refuse to buy anything new for this event. Who wants to wear a long sleeved gown in Houston in the warm springtime anyway? Definitely not me. I had fun trying on all possibilities for Tapan, while he lounged in bed, but the sad truth was that I can't wear anything I'd like. I am going to have to borrow some of his t-shirts to go to camp next week or I will die in my long sleeved shirts. Die!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home