.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

9,000th day without power

Or so it seems. We stocked up on junk and other preserved foods at the grocery store today and threw in a few perishables to, you know, taunt ourselves. Thus far I've eaten 4 pop tarts and a large quantity of doritos. Yes, I did make us nice sandwiches for lunch, but from there it was all downhill.

We're running the small fridge and the router, computer, etc. from a generator. We just taped a big piece of cardboard and plastic over the smelly fireplace. I suppose that is all we'll do today.

We went over to our friends' house to drop off their extra key and discovered quite by accident that their power is on. That is good because it means I will get to smell precious New Baby smell that much sooner.

The dogs actually managed to shell and eat (and then eat the shell of) a pecan. They also attacked yet another large pentatomid beetle. The PIG is now making me want to retch by playing the Doors on the radio. I am already regretting letting him get new batteries.

Currently, that is all.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, Doritos and Pop Tarts sounds pretty good from where I'm sitting. But, then, I have options. And electricity. And stuff. ;)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Oh, boo hoo! Poor us, we went out and had fabulous Turkish food. We don't have power, but we have mezeh plates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home