.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, August 18, 2008

first day

One day, I hope to have a first day of school that is not also my first day at a new school. Preferably I'd be teaching the exact same courses two years in a row.

I know that is a lot to ask for, but I am eternally optimistic.

That said, this first day was a bit hectic, scattered, and tiring, despite lasting only 3 hours. Tomorrow we begin for real, with course outlines (hadn't been approved until today), reading lists (ditto), and homework.

My kids are cute, smart, homogeneous. Oh, I'm certain there are many individual differences, but most classes are a sea of white, well-off children. They are testing me, to see what they can get away with and to see how clueless I am. I faked some cluelessness today for their amusement.

More reports as I have time.

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger paksenn said...

Congratulations on multiple fronts Ranger. I am sorry that I missed your wedding festivities but I will be coming to visit at Thanksgiving (yours not ours).

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Cool! I feel bad that we didn't get to partake of a frosty beverage or several before you left H-town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home