.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, June 04, 2004

i've got you...under my skin

I am still nauseated. I've been wanting to watch this French movie, In My Skin, for weeks now, ever since I heard about it. Unfortunately, M. described it as a much milder film than it really is. I think I'm psychologically scarred for life. The basic premise is that a woman gashes her leg at a party, but she doesn't notice that she's got a bloody gaping wound until hours later. This event starts her on a spiral of madness. Think Betty Blue meets Alive.

When I feel physically threatened or I'm grossed out by something, the bottoms of my feet start to crawl and feel overly sensitive. This happens to my sister, too, and we both rub our feet together when we're happy. Right now, twelve hours after seeing In My Skin, I can barely stand to rest my feet on the floor.

Yet, the film itself is quite beautiful. I loved the rich colors and textures, when I wasn't peeking at it through my fingers. Should you see it? If you do and don't like it, you'll blame me, but if you don't you're missing out on a very interesting film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home