.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

great pretender here I am

I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo right now. A few years ago I was working with the marc records of several novels including the Three Musketeers and decided I had to read it. It's one of those books that a lot of people in our generation have skipped over. When I got excited about it, I had to reach back to my parents' generation to find anyone who'd actually read it.

Anyway, it has everything you could possibly want: love, adventure, chivalry, dastardly deeds, loyalty, friendship, scheming, and lots of it to read. After I finished it I thought I'd try Twenty Years After, the sequel, but I never got past the first few pages.

The other day I picked up the aforementioned Count of Monte Cristo. I feel like I'm reading 3M all over again, but it's even better. So many things happened in the first 40 pages that I was immediately hooked, and I have hundreds more pages to read. I am in blissful readers' heaven, so much so that I drove over to M.'s house last night just to pick it up, then immediately drove home and started devouring it again. Can't wait to squeeze in a few more chapters tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home