.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

climb out on my bean bowl baby

I watch a lot of documentaries. Most recently I watched Devil's Playground, which is about Amish kids going on rumspringe, the time when they're 16 and they get to do whatever they want while they decide whether or not to join the Amish church.

I do mean "whatever they want".

My prior experience with the Amish was being behind slow moving buggies on backroads in Indiana. It turns out there's a lot more to it than that and I'm wishing I had lived closer to them so I could have partied with them in high school.

I've also seen some interesting French movies lately. Last night I watched Irreversible. If you're at all squeamish about either sex, violence or violent sex, do not watch it. Don't even think about it. However, it's a really good movie, with a good storyline, sexy French actors and rich colors. The camera work is amazing and you find yourself wondering how the hell they got many of the shots. At the end I wanted to rewind it and watch parts of it over again, but I also felt a little nauseated so I took it back to the video store.

It's probably waiting there for you to rent it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home