.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

do you hear me, do you hear me calling

Another of my recurring dreams is the one where I'm home visiting and I realize I am going to be late getting to the airport to go home. That one's fairly easy to figure out--I am worried about being trapped with my family, etc. etc. Here's what happened the other night, though.

I am at work, at the desk, and I realize that my flight is in two hours. Plenty of time to get to the airport from there, barring unusual traffic, but I'm scheduled on the desk for another hour. That gives me an hour to get to the airport, park, get the shuttle into the airport, check in, get to my gate and get on the plane. In other words, Ain't Gonna Happen.

I start to figure out if I can talk someone else into covering for me so I can leave but then I just decide to go. I'm walking down the hall behind my co-worker who has hurt her foot and is making obnoxious moaning sounds every time she puts her foot down. I yell at her to quit it and stop being a baby as I zoom past her toward the elevator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home