.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, November 22, 2004

movies and books

This weekend I got to see The Incredibles. I missed the very beginning because I was intent upon getting some snackage so, oh darn, I'll have to see it again. Pretty much everything good that people have said about it is true. It's funny, exciting, and not grossly sentimental at any point. One of my favorite parts was when Elastigirl is running around trying to save Mr. Incredible and she stops in front of a mirror, looks at her big butt and goes "Hmmph!" before continuing her mission. Even supers have ass anxiety!

I finished one of John O'Brien's books, Stripper Lessons, this weekend. While I didn't love it as much as Leaving Las Vegas, it was really good. Then I started Stiff. It's a book all about cadavers. It's funny. It's historical. It's occasionally disgusting, and I am excited to get home to read more of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home