.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, February 21, 2005

gutter snipe

My one goal for the weekend was to get my gutters cleaned out. Those of you who've done this job before know how dirty and gross it is, but at the same time it's very satisfying. You get up on your ladder, survey the clogged gutters and dig in. If you have a small house like me, you're all done in less than two hours, even figuring in taking a few minutes off during downpours and dragging heavy bags of gutter goo to the curb.

After that I pretty much spent the rest of the day goofing off. In the evening, we rented WattStax, the film made of the event to commemorate the Watts Riots in 1964. The music was great, the interviews sometimes comical, sometimes poignant, but the fashion was really what got my attention. I've never seen so many gigantic fros and short short hotpants in my life, and I lived through the 70s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home