.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, February 28, 2005

my saturday exortation

Apparently everyone has already heard this story...but I'm writing it here for posterity and those who may be outside of the H-town library gossip circuit. Saturday I went to see Andre Williams play and the good ex told me I should try to make out with him. This was, of course, before I'd heard about this story. When we got there the El Orbits were just setting up and Mr. Williams was resting his tootsies near us. My friend got up to use the bathroom and on her way back past, Andre slapped her on the butt. Now, said friend is very beautiful and appears to be universally attractive to those in the music world, so I figured I had no chance with Andre myself. After the El Orbits played and Waxploitation happened (sorry--don't know if that's the name of the spinning event or the dj), Andre got up on stage with the El Orbits dudes. He had changed from his off-white summer suit to a bright red suit with a white button down shirt and a red t-shirt underneath, perhaps signifying that he was HOT. During the set he stopped twice to pick out girls to kiss, both dark-haired (like my friend), so I was more and more sure that I, somehow, was not his type. My friends (and ride) wanted to cut out early, so I had one last chance. Between sets Andre went backstage to change (into a gi of all things) and I caught him on his way back to the front. I complimented his show, explained I had to leave, and put my hand out for him to shake. He took the bait. I went home with my kiss and I didn't have to do it in front of a bunch of people.

What did I do this weekend? Nothing much, just kissed the black godfather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home