.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

i need a man (or a woman with tools)

My sink has been leaking a bit for the past week or so. I think I've finally isolated the problem: there's a hose that connects the sprayer to the faucet and there's lots of water on and around it. Whenever I run water, some of it must be leaking down where this hose is connected. The problem is that I can't figure out how to fix it. Does it need some kind of seal, sealant, a new hose, or what? I admit, this is one of the few times I wish I lived closer to my father so he could show me what to do. It seems stupid to get a plumber in for what appears to be a minor problem, and yet I can't bake anything with all of my pans busy gathering sink splash! What's a gal to do?


At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the leak is at a connection between the hose and the pipe there are a bunch of possibilities for fixes - one being pipe dope. I think I've got a basic plumbing book you could borrow if you want.



Post a Comment

<< Home