.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, March 25, 2005

reviews of various sorts

First, the Pianist. Wow, can that Adrien Brody act or what? I remember him from things like Liberty Heights, which was great, but he showed a much greater range in the Pianist, right? There were parts of that movie that I found hard to watch. I had that wincing and wanting to fast forward reaction. It still amazes me what cruelty humans are capable of.

Second, Frida. Why didn't I see this in the theatre? Why haven't I seen it before now? I've always loved Salma Hayak and Alfred Molina but together--that was fairly inspired. Not only did I like the film, but it made me understand her work so much more.

I may be a little movied out but that won't stop me from reading. I review books for a great online scitech reviewing depot called E-Streams (http://www.e-streams.com) and the one I'm working on right now is riveting. I'm only on chapter two but I've been sharing little tidbits all over the office like "did you know that horses can't see directly in front of them?" It's true--they have a blind spot right in front of their foreheads.

Finally, springtime. I'm not always a huge fan because of the allergies, stormy weather and that feeling that all of the trees and flowers are showing off but it really is lovely. I have a few flowers that are coming up. They're about two inches tall and I can't wait to see them full grown. They'll be my little flower babies.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the name of the book so us nerds out here can read it if we so desire?

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

4th edition of Domestic Animal Behavior by Katherine Houpt.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that blogger would send me your comment, like LiveJournal does. But thanks. Perhaps I will have to see if that book is at SPL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home