.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, June 13, 2005

felliniesque

It was one of those weekends...I worked on Saturday and spent most of yesterday goofing around. So tempted this morning to call in sick so I could clean my house and, you know, take care of things.

One of the fun things I did while goofing around yesterday was go see Night of Cabiri at the MFA. I haven't seen many Fellini films, admittedly, but I really enjoyed this one. We sat in the front row, so my neck and back tired out but it helped me immerse myself in the film. We were talking about it afterwards and I admitted that I'd gotten taken in by the sympathetic man character (don't want to give too much away here) for quite a while and M. said that the change (in him) was very subtle. Anyway, fine performances by Fellini regulars, and kudos to the director of photography. After the show there was a discussion with some local psychiatrists so we skedaddled out of there to get food. I mean, who wants to hear some psychobabble dissection of a film you thought you'd just enjoyed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home