.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

i'm bookish

Following on the meme I saw on Jane's blog, there's the question of whether I can choose 5 books that are the most important ones in my life. I'll give it a try.

1. A Sand County Almanac. Aldo Leopold. Basically the reason I became a biologist.
2. The Tao is Silent. This book got me through high school.
3. Jonathan Livingston Seagull. For many years I had to read this book before getting on a plane.
4. Anne of Green Gables (and the rest of the series).
5. Harriet the Spy.

All of these are from my childhood/young adult years. I'll add another entry for adult books.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yeah, I know, commenting on my own blog. Anyway, I realize that I couldn't leave out my two childhood picture books. Okay, three....four!
Alexander and the Windup Mouse, Leo Leoni.
Barney Beagle. (the pets all looked like their owners)
Charlie. (kindness to animals, people)
Hurry up, Slowpoke! (big sisters are a pain and will be shown up if you be yourself)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Ever since I posted the meme, I have been thinking of either really good classics or really great YA/kids books I loved. Anne of Green Gables was a big favorite of mine too. I reread the first couple recently. They were still great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home