.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, June 02, 2005

where did he go?

Way back when, a long long time ago, I said that I was reading The Man in the Iron Mask. Well, I finally finished it over Memorial Day Weekend.

I feel like something was missing, though. I mean, the title character is important through the first 2/3 or so of the book, but after some events that I won't describe in case you want to read it, he doesn't appear nor is he mentioned. I found it very strange. I mean, maybe the title should have been "How the Musketeers Got Caught up with the Man in the Iron Mask" to make clear that the book was a continuation of their stories.

Anyway, of the three Dumas stories I've read, it was my least favorite. I'd recommend either The Count of Monte Cristo or The Three Musketeers. I've heard the movie of The Man in the Iron Mask was putrid, so stay away from that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home