.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, July 15, 2005

universe

Sometimes it's hard not to think the universe is squarely against you. For instance, I've been incredibly stressed about a symposium we're having here next week, but I had managed to get to sleep despite that. At 2am on the dot, some jerkwad with a hotrod decided to take a tire squealing tour of the neighborhood, paying special attention to doing donuts in the parking lot right behind my house. That was over pretty quickly but then I was awake....eyes open, staring ahead, sleep nowhere to be found. After a while, I got up and read. That cat thought I was nuts and was blinking like crazy in the light. Sometime after 3 I finally went back to bed, to wake up again at 6 to crazy thunder and lightning.

So, I'm here at work, but I'm not all there, if you know what I mean.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain today. Misery loves company, I guess. I hope we both feel better soon.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Amen to that, sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home