.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

cholesterol soaring

I've been hitting the bagel shop on campus a few too many times since the semester started. I was deprived all through the break but I have already made up for my forced time off. Already, the students working there this semester know what I want as well as my name. The thing I get has a big slab of egg in it and is smothered in some cheese. It tastes gooood and lasts me through the day, which is more than I can say for most food. So I keep going there and ordering it, like every few days. Today I even saw some of the same people that I saw last time. I am telling people at work that there is crack in the food but I'm not sure they are buying it....

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you had your cholesterol and, more importantly, its constituents tested for since becoming a bagel shop regular?

A couple years back I was routinely digesting my own stomach again and the doctor (a VERY large woman) told me to quit worrying about a balanced diet and eat as much protein and quality fats as I could get. So I did and do.

The strange thing is my cholesterol (always borderline in raw number) went way down and my ratio improved. The axiom about what drives cholesterol levels is, just like amost everything else in medicine, just a yardstick.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Naw, I haven't actually had it tested. I eat enough of a variety of foods that I assume I'm okay unless I actually feel bad. And if it's high, do I really want to know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home