.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, February 13, 2006

rumbling into monday

I've come out of this weekend with 99% of my weekend tasks undone. I tried to see Grand Master Flash at the MFA but it was so completely packed that people were lined up outside waiting to get in. I'm not talking a few folks milling around waiting, I'm talking a long long line snaking around the back of the building. We drove past, called our friends to see if they'd made it in, and high tailed it back to the bar. Now you will understand my first sentence.

The weirdest thing--I swear I bought 3 apples at the store yesterday, but when I unpacked my bags, I only found 2. I thought, maybe one fell out and is in my car, but I never went out to check. I am hoping I don't come out to my car after work only to find it smelling like apple sauce. Actually, that doesn't sound so bad, except for the part where there's a mushy apple rotting on the floor of my car.

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once spent two days trying to figure out where I put the macaroni and cheese before I realized I must have left an entire bag of groceries at the store, because, hey, where's the garlic and the pretzels, too?

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

That's almost as good as my friend who left her checkbook, which contained her drivers license, on the top of the car and drove away.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, and once I couldn't find the serrano ham(a thin plastic package) and went back to the store. Apparently this had been happening alot, because the cashier looked into some secret slot under the conveyor belt where bits of things can go...and tada...there was my packet. I passed on it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home