.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, November 27, 2006

and then I got home and made a pie

I had a lot of fun this long weekend. I saw two films (For Your Consideration and The Queen--both highly recommended although for very different reasons), three bands (Alison Fisher et al., Elvez and his opener), cleaned my house, raked the front yard and sneaked Thanksgiving in there somewhere.

I have spent Thanksgiving at a different house every year for the last....oh, 14, 15 years. So it might seem odd that I was a bit miffed about not being able to go to what I consider my H-town family's dinner. Yet I was. On the upside, I got to spend T-day with Jane's family. We had a lovely, low-key day that included wassail, lots of carbs, and early early morning shopping. I've never left the house at 4:45am to go shopping and I doubt I'd do it again, but it was fun because it was novel and because of the company. If I ever again am about to meet my death by crushing in the toy department at Target, surely I want to be doing it with Jane & fam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home