.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

they sell caskets at wal-mart?

Another night, another movie. Last night's feature film was Employee of the Month, recommended by my friend's DH. Now, my friend said it was no good, so my expectations were not high. Furthermore, one of the stars is Jessica Simpson. We all know she is Not a Good Actress. The premise of the film was pure Revenge of the Nerds meets Clerks. That's probably how they sold the movie, in fact. It's set in a WalMart-like store and focuses on the boxboy and cashier divide. Now, I worked in a large retail establishment and can attest to the fact that this divide exists and Employee of the Month portrays it pretty well. Is the movie believable? Heck no. Is it entertaining? At times, although I fast-forwarded through bits. It is almost 2 hours long, whereas it merited 80 minutes tops. If you're bored and it's already in the vcr, give it a watch. Otherwise, you can skip it.

4 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Adela c/s said...

The divide exists??? Which one were you?

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Actually, I was a floor person, neither cashier nor stocker. I was also the one person allowed to get onto the computer. I could see exactly how much we marked up each item (usually 50% or more).

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger A Girl From Texas said...

I just was the movie last Friday. And I remember asking if they sold caskets at Wal-Mart. Do they sell them at Wal Mart?

I like Dane Cook. And, I have to admit I liked the movie. I kept thinking how funny it would have been if Owen Wilson played the role of the blond.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Ooh, the role that Jessica Simpson played? Sort of brokeback megalomart? I like! I like Dane Cook too, I just thought the movie was silly and a bit farfetched.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home