.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, May 25, 2007

friday fun

I drove up to the school where my summer program is housed. It only took me about 20 minutes. I was ecstatic. I was less then ecstatic to see that the library's non-fiction collection is tiny, outdated and aimed at lower level readers (below 4th grade, mainly). The librarian is cute as a button and very helpful and excited about possibly getting some new non-fiction books.

I wore jeans to work today. That's not something I'd normally do. Partly because I like wearing different clothes away from work to help delineate work from pleasure, partly because I only have one pair of jeans that fit so I don't want to wear them out, and partly because it is generally Frowned Upon and I got enough of the "are you wearing that out of the house?" looks from my mom during the teen years. Actually, I started early with the funky clothes so I probably got that look for most of my pre-college life. Actually actually, it would have continued through college but I was living in the dorms.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are you housed for the summer? apart from your house, of course...

hope to see you soon...

will be in houston in a week...for good...well, for now, at least.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Saul my pet, I am housed at home. Are you coming to stay with me? My summer program is just up the road in Humble, so I'll be commuting up there every day :<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home