.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

more bad jokes

We discussed teaching portfolios at today's brownbag and one of the preparatory exercises my colleague did was to come up with a metaphor for her teaching. I asked if others' metaphors were humanistic (probably not the correct word--anthropoid perhaps?) and she said that they tended to be. "For instance," I said, "Did anyone describe herself as a tree, with students building nests in her branches?" Laughter. "I often describe myself as a wrangler, although I'm not sure what of," I went on to babble. "Goats maybe? They tend to eat anything without discriminating and if one does something, all the other goats do it too."

This is why I should not be allowed to eat and ruminate at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home