.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, July 12, 2007

pretty good

We interviewed a potential new li-berrian today and she asked us, "How do you like working here?" It took all of my mental powers to keep from responding, "Did I mention I'm leaving in a few weeks?" I thought back to all of the other interviews I'd sat in on (oh so many, over the years) and how many times I thought that this place is overall pretty good. I guess I still think that, but it's become a place that's not so great for me in particular. When I announced yesterday to my faculty that I'm leaving, I received several responses in return, like ten, and that surprised me. It's hard to feel like you're making an impact, sometimes, and it's nice to know that I did make an impact on their and their students' lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home