.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ms. sourpuss

I feel like I spend so much of my day telling kids what not to do that I am getting a perma-frown on my face. My 7th graders were better today, although we're watching a movie. They sat and watched and some took notes (I'd explained why they might want to). Sixth grade, though, had to be reminded over and over again to be quiet and why they should be quiet (they were writing suspenseful stories and writing takes quiet to focus). I finally disciplined a couple of the worst offenders who then begged for another chance. The stories I read blossomed into intriguing tales, but wouldn't have had a chance to thrive without quiet thought.

Hoo boy.

Science club was fun, though. We ate outside, talked about how the eye works, how cameras worked, and did a quick project. They made sun prints, some of which came out nice and crisp. I have a few papers left to try some myself one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home