.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, May 01, 2009

I've signed up to sub for next year, provided I don't come across a fabulous full-time job before then. Folks seem to be happy that I will still be around, although in a limited capacity. We have only this month left of school, and one week of May is mainly taken up by exams. Next week, several days are shortened because of special activities. In reality, we're nearly finished with academic teaching time. I don't think I'm going to miss it. I have a huuuuuuuge stack of papers to grade this weekend and there's no way I can finish it all. I will miss the fun moments, those moments when a kid grasps a new concept, the sweet moments. I've had plenty of those, but there are a lot of grindy days in between. Right now, I'm half dreading, half looking forward to attending the school musical, Beauty & the Beast. A couple of my kids are in it and they have worked so hard. I hope they do well this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home