.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

my hands smell like fish

No, not a blog about masturbation, but about cooking! Today we had a party for our receptionist who is 1. graduating 2. leaving her job 3. getting married. After much discussion about what to bring, it was generally decided that I should make a tuna noodle casserole. Since my tried and true Betty Crocker let me down, I was reduced to skulking around the egg noodle section of the grocery store until I found a bag with a recipe on the back. Once I'd found the recipe and the ingredients, I was set. I thought.

Fast forward to this morning when I was cooking the noodles and decided it was time to crack open the cans of tuna, only to discover The Can Opener Was At My Old Apartment. No problem, I thought. I'll just use the handy cabinet-attached opener in my spankin' new house. Alas, said opener is sadly lacking in opening ability and the blade wouldn't even make contact with the d*mn can. Since I hated to drive over to the old place just for a can opener and because I am incredibly stubborn, I considered my other options. First thought was the swiss army knife, but while mine has a corkscrew, it has no can opening device. Onto other tools, namely a screwdriver. However, hitting the screwdriver with a hammer did not produce the anticipated opening effect. Finally, in desperation, I took a cleaned nail and made dozens of holes in the cans and used the screwdriver to pry the top up enough to shake out the tuna.

Yes, I was a little late to work, but I got the job done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home