.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

peppermint

Those who know me personally may be aware of my distaste for, nee, hatred of, spearmint. It comes from years of living within sniffing distance of Todd Farms spice place that cranked out spearmint odor all of the time. I live happily with environmental odors of roasting coffee, roasting hops (beer!), even pollution that sometimes smells like bandaids, but I cannot stand the smell or taste of spearmint.

That said, I love peppermint. Today I had to rush home to let the gas guy turn my gas back on and light various pilots around the new homestead. As I was coming back to work I realized I could easily stop by the campus big name coffee palace and get a hot bevvie. The closer I got, the more certain I was that I had to have a peppermint mocha. Right now, the cooling dregs are tickling my tongue and sinuses. Damn I love this time of year! Hohoho.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, they should pay you to write these, cause when I read this today, I was compelled to get up and go to our own campus big name coffee place. Now I'm all caffeinated, hooray!

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home