.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, June 03, 2005

more on the N word

Season 2 of the Dave Chappelle show is out so you may notice a corresponding change in my speech for a while. I don't love absolutely everything Dave does, but some of his skits are, well, "freaking hilarious" to quote one.

Many of my faves revolve around racial stereotypes so you know I was eating up the one about the white family named Niggar. I just loved how sweetly they responded to such exclamations as "He sure is one lazy Niggar!"

I've always thought race was a fairly stupid construct. Of course, this was especially true when I was trying to understand why I couldn't get cornrows in my hair or why I had to put sun screen on as soon as I woke up. The skit on the Race Draft made me howl, especially when the White People drafted Colin Powell and the Asians went for the Wu-Tang Clan.

We only got through the first dvd, so there may be further reports and references to Rick James, Negrodamus and the n-word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home