.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, February 24, 2006

courteous driver

I took the online defensive driving class yesterday. It takes nearly 6 hours. The first time I took it (years ago, I swear) it seemed like I was constantly waiting for my time on each page to end. This time, whether it was a better version or I was just slower, the time for each page was about right. I occasionally had to wait but I also finished after my required time was up on many pages.

Now, anyone who's ridden with me knows I have a bit of road rage. I like to yell at other drivers. I even yell at them when I'm not driving, but I don't tailgate, I don't purposefully cut people off, I don't weave through traffic and I don't do that famous H-town move of getting off the freeway, driving really fast on the frontage road and then entering again in the hopes of getting a few cars ahead. It just seems futile to me. So I don't think I'll stop yelling anytime soon. My windows are usually rolled up and it amuses me and it helps me release my frustration. Passengers are hereby warned.

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger paksenn said...

I am also a talking driver. My ex was a driving instructor and he thought that talking to other drivers was a precursor to road rage. I think that talking helps to diffuse any rage I might be building up whilst driving. I am also very witty and I like to think of creative ways to insult other's driving. My driving of course is always perfect, regardless of what the police officer said.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger katy said...

How come you had to take the courteous driver test online? I mean, did you have to, or did you just want to? I haven't talked to you in a while, but I found your blog!

Also, happy birthday! I'm going to wish you that in as many formats as possible today since I didn't actually send you a card (*hangs head in shame*). But I do want to have a Belated Birthday Bowling Blowout when you come to see me in Raleigh. Okay, totally off topic, I know, but...

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Dude, I think I only sent you an e-card on your last b-day, so you have more than covered your celebration bases with me. That said, BOWLING! Whoo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home