.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, July 20, 2007

why i'm leaving

There comes a time when you realize that you're good at your job, good enough to go to the next level, but there is no "next level" type opportunity available, or there is but you have to move away. I'm listening to myself during a workshop we just held, having prepared very little and yet having a lot to say, and similarly yesterday during a book club meeting, and I'm realizing that this truly is why I've taken another job. The challenge just isn't there anymore. I'm not trying to say I'm perfect (far from it, yes?) but that I've come as close to mastering the skills of my job as I'm likely to get. I need new skills to master.

In other news, we ate at Bluefish last night. I am still full, almost. We had dumplings and tempura and an avocado roll (that one was all me) and then I had an order of virgin island tofu. Well, I ate half of it at the restaurant and the rest later. That food makes me enter into some lesser kind of nirvana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home