.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, May 26, 2008

it's time

I guess it really is time to make that general announcement: yup, I'm getting hitched. The PIG and I will be traveling to India with a faithful friend to meet his extended family and throw some rice on the fire. I'm happy to report that while we're there I will get to see the Taj Mahal and about a billion Indian folk.

Soon after that we'll travel to Michigan to have the second family ceremony and finally home to Houston where all of our friends from far and wide are invited to a shindig (no ceremony, just party). That'll probably be the end of August/early September.

So I'm sporting a giant ring with 7 garnets in it in a honeycomb shape. I'll post pics when I bother to take them but for now you'll have to use your imaginations. I'm busy working on my creepy crawlers class and tomorrow I get to spend the day doing final grades for my kiddos. Friday was the last day of school and I repressed many tears. Simultaneously I had to threaten one kid to stop bugging another kid or I'd shove a sock down his throat, so really it was a day like any other.

8 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger paksenn said...

Congratulations Ranger, I am really happy for you! I brought back some rice krispie caramel goodness for you. We should lunch soon.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yes! I have next Monday and Tuesday off so we should do it then.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! This is tres cool news.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I am coveting your ring sight unseen. :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger John Pluecker said...

congratulations ranger. you deserve it. i know we havent seen each other in along time. but i still have your blog on my rss and i still read it. so anyway, congrats. many years of happiness to you.

and why do you call him the PIG? that seems so weird to me. isnt that a word to use for people you dont like?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Thanks for all of the good wishes, everyone, and yes, you're invited to the reception in houston!

JP--PIG stands for pungent indian guy, his self-description.

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ranger! This is great news. :)

And thanks for the PIG explication; been wondering about that for a while now. Just figured it was perhaps another of my generationally-challenged issues of non-understanding. ;)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger jillbertini said...

Congrats! I'm so sorry I have been very poor at reading your updates :(. I wish you all the happiness in the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home