.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Sunday, June 15, 2008

who knew

Who knew that planning a wedding and a big reception were so much work? We've got the locations under control. We're refining guest lists and have ordered invitations. I've chosen food but not called the Michigan caterer and am working with the local caterer right now. I have done nothing other than think and look for the flowers. My stepmom sent me the Michigan florist's number to call and I am considering potted plants for here.
I found a cool dress yesterday. It's a long cotton sleeveless dress, yellow with pink and orange and green flowers, very retro.
Meanwhile I am working on my DECATS classes and trying to figure out what all to get for this week's lessons.
No word on any jobs. I am finding it difficult to look and care a whole lot at the moment with so many other things going on, although I diligently check the usual places for possibilities.
Cleaning the house today and getting supplies for the week. I need straws! and tissue paper! and playdo! and something like a slinky! so that we can study bug locomotion.

5 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jenica said...

Seriously. I'm an organized person, with lots of drive, and I'm a professional manager. And my wedding kicked. my. ass.

Good luck, and make sure at the end of it all you have memories that you'll love to visit. That's the best part.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Choice said...

I'll be a free gerbil after this week (I think) so I should be able to do more to help you on this end. Don't panic. It will turn out to be a lovely event!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yay! I have you on wine-choosing duty.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Choice said...

Oh yeah, one more thought: this is my favorite mantra for times when it looks like the shit is going to hit the fan (it's from Deepak Chopra) -- repeat as many times as necessary until you believe it: I am a person for whom things go well.

It works. BTW, sparkling white is never wrong at a happy event.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Joel Bangilan said...

You are getting married? I need to keep up with the blogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home